Thursday, April 30, 2009

moving, and sitting

Monday I closed on the house I've been buying for weeks.

From el casa de padre


The first furniture I brought to the house was a zafu & zabuton. (The second, not pictured, is a kneeling bench.)

I've been moving things from the old house to the new one all week with considerable help from family, and expect professional movers to play a significant role in things tomorrow.

Then comes the weekend Zen workshop & sesshin, followed by two more days off from work to settle in.

Although I am planning for practice space in the house, I hope I'll cultivate a habit of practice with local sangha and more/longer practice opportunities such as sesshin.

I suspect that neither daily nor intensive practice alone lead to the results of both daily and intensive practice. Same for solo & group.

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes think about going to a Buddhist center for meditation (there being several here in Eugene, Oregon), but I always wonder if I would have to sit on the floor. I have bum knees, and there ain't no way I could sit on the floor. Maybe I'll look into it someday.

    ReplyDelete