Wednesday, June 3, 2009

temple weekend coming up

This evening I will be sitting quite a bit in my last (planned) intensive effort prior to samu & sesshin at the temple this weekend.

Thursday I intend to be back to a more normal practice routine: half an hour in the morning, half an hour in the dojo after work (only done a few days a week, when the group gathers for practice), and probably another half hour before bed.

Friday is travel day. So I'll have my morning sit, work until noon, then go pick up a rental car (because I don't care for the idea of taking my 11-year-old Sentra on meaningful road trips), then head to New Orleans for the weekend.

When I return, I vaguely expect I'll get back to a slightly less intense routine than the one I've been on lately, but not by much. On even a heavy practice day lately, it has only added up to a few hours.

After all, I work all day and have chores waiting at home. And although I don't blog about it much, I do have a life outside the zendo. heh

No comments:

Post a Comment